It is imperative and crucial to maintain contact with any of the eye-witnesses when the facts are disputed. Shortly after a wreck, a statement of any eye witnesses should be obtained in the event that it is needed later for trial.
Any pain and suffering that is documented in a diary or on video should be preserved for later use at trial.
What to expect from the time you retain me through settlement negotiations
Right away you will see medical bills piling up and incessant calls from collection agencies will come shortly after. When a client comes into my office and I am retained, this is what happens:
1. Claim is set up
2. Medical providers and collection agencies are notified that your claim is in progress and that they should back off.
3. I obtain your medical records and bills.
4. I draft a demand letter to the insurance company asking them to settle and or pay your bills.
5. I ask them to settle for the sum your claim is worse. If they don’t, I advise them that my clients always have the avenue of pursuing a bad faith claim.
5. If unable to settle out of court or at mediation within a short time of seding my demand, then a lawsuit is filed in court.
If you don’t win, I don’t win.
I am an aggressive attorney. Having dealt with insurance companies before, I know the game they like to play and whatever their game may be I like to win it for you and fast.
Thousands of motorcyclists in the U.S. get injured and die every year from motorcycle accidents. The injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents tend to be very serious and severe. This is due to the fact that motorcycles are smaller and the driver is less protected.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury or death in a motorcycle accident, due to the negligence of another driver you may be eligible to file a legal claim for compensation.
Many factors may contribute to motorcycle accidents including:
- Low visibility
- Blind spots
- Bad weather conditions
- Badly maintained roads
- Alcohol or drugs
- Frequently motorcycle accidents occur because of the negligence of another driver..
It is important to take appropriate steps to ensure that your legal rights are fully protected. Beware of the statute of limitations. Contact a lawyer to learn more about your rights. Seek medical attention promptly. Make sure a police report is taken down, and that you have the names and the phone numbers for any eye witnesses.
What Compensation Can You Receive?
If your accident resulted from the negligence of another you may be eligible to receive compensation for the following:
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Lost income/ earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
It is important to bear in mind that all personal injury claims are subject to statute of limitations laws, which limits the time you have to file a law suit. Call the Aleksander Law Office a Personal Injury Lawyer in Louisville to discuss the details of your motorcycle accident. 502-589-0816, or fill out the Aleksander Law Office contact form .